Google Releases COVID-19-Specific GMB Links
Posted on Apr 14, 2020 by Marilyn Bunderson
Keep your patients informed with COVID-19-specific GMB links Google has recently made available.
Google has rolled out two new COVID-19-specific GMB links to improve your communication with patients during the disruption and help you stay connected: COVID-19 links and Telehealth links. This new functionality will improve the way you communicate with your patients, and we want to make sure you are aware of your full range of options.
Whether you are a SocialClimb customer or not, our team is ready to help you configure and manage your GMB listings during this difficult time. Please reach out to us today if you would like help.
These important updates and suggestions should be implemented as soon as possible:
- COVID-19 Link: Use this function to share your COVID-19 related content. For example, you can link to your website that has important information such as safety measures your practice has implemented to keep patients protected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Telehealth Link: If you have not already done so, you can now link to your telehealth/telemedicine options on your GMB listing. Even if you have included your link in a GMB post, you should have the link operational as well. Patients need to be able to easily find the care they need when they need it, and using this link on your GMB listing will help spread the word.
- GMB Posts: Create a COVID-19 post with updated information. You should create a post that includes updated hours, telehealth options, special measures your practice is taking to keep patients safe, and any other COVID-related information. If you want to inform patients that you’re closed to regular visits but are open to urgent situations, this is a great place to do that. The posts stay up for two weeks, so make sure you’re ready to update the information in two weeks or it will disappear. Google notes that if you include a phone number in your post, your post may be rejected.
- Special Hours: You can either change your regular business hours or set special business hours. If you have closed your doors during the pandemic, you can also mark your practice as “Temporarily closed.” Temporarily closing will not affect your ranking.
- Business Information: You should update your business information on how your practice is accommodating the disruption. Let your patients know what their options are if they need care and what kind of virtual visits you may be offering.
- Hours of Service Disclaimer: If you find a disclaimer on your GMB listing stating that your hours of service may not be accurate, this needs to be removed. If your GMB listing is verified, you can update your special hours to get the automatic disclaimer to disappear. Your special hours can be the same as your regular hours if they have not changed, but updating these special hours will let Google know that you have addressed the issue. If you have marked your practice as “Temporarily closed,” you cannot remove the disclaimer.
We know you’ve got a lot going on right now. Please contact us at 801-998-2830 if you would like assistance with your COVID-19-specific GMB updates. Remember that even though Google has limited GMB functionality during the pandemic, listings associated with vital healthcare services are prioritized during this time. Learn more about what you can be doing now to keep your medical practice positioned well when the pandemic ends.
Posted in Google My Business